With over twenty years experience working on some of the most unique challenges in the network engineering and information technology spaces, I have consistently delivered better than expected results while challenging conventional thinking and learning new methods of operation. These experiences have provided me with a deep understanding of key leadership, engineering, and operations methods resulting in a track record of building and motivating teams across multiple functional areas and providing business leaders a mix of management experience backed by truly deep technical knowledge.
Key Management Experience:
• Managed engineering and IT organizations ranging in size from 5 to 220 people. Responsible for day-to-day operations including ticket system, assignment of work, and high-level reporting.
• Designed and managed large technical and operational transitions, including transitions to Cloud Service Providers, new email systems (any combination from hosted Outlook to Gmail to O365), Webex and audio bridge collaboration systems, file storage, and better security solutions, to name a few.
• Delivered internal and external products, networks, and services consistently ahead of schedule and under budget.
• Combined new thinking and advanced services to augment and enhance already deployed systems to increase scalability and cost-effectiveness.
• Developed career tracks for technical and management employees.
• Managed large development plans, budgets, and deployments for infrastructure, email, video collaboration, cloud storage, cloud service providers, and many more.
• Managed and operated engineering organizations with real-time operations groups.
• Managed a wide a spectrum of personalities including managers, researchers, programmers, and non-technical personnel.
Key Technical Experience:
• Managed IT technical engineering and operations for various Fortune 500 companies including infrastructure, communication (LAN, WAN, email, VOIP, etc.), backup, security systems, disaster recovery, and all internal and external regulatory compliance requirements.
• Designed, implemented, and managed overall security of company networks, systems, and data with strict controls on data / system backups and recoverability.
• Built and deployed a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) Mitigation system that has consistently prevented any outages on the Riot Direct network since December 2014.
• Designed and evolved large access networks, routed transport environments and data center architectures, and built management systems that provided complete visibility into overall capacity utilization of network / server / hardware environment to ensure optimization for business requirements.
• Network design and operation at all levels: architecting, budgeting, and implementation, analysis, and optimization; with a focus on high availability of critical business systems.
• Managed trade-offs in solving problems: custom vs. BAU; at the data center or in the network; in hardware vs. in software.
• Hands-on experience making systems scalable for performance and / or robustness.
• Managed over 100+ vendor and partner relationships.
ESPN Jan 2017 – Jul 2017
Chartered with evolving ESPN’s Information Technology and Digital Services. Responsible for all computer and network infrastructure, security, development operations, and enterprise IT services at ESPN. Guides strategic IT planning, coordinates with IT teams at The Walt Disney Company, and leads a team responsible for delivering enterprise services and support to ESPN locations around the world. Works closely with ESPN’s software engineering and operations teams to design next-generation network architectures that are quick to deploy and performance driven, enabling automation, advanced systems, and dense deployments.
• Manage all IT operations for ESPN including infrastructure, communication (LAN, WAN, email, VOIP, etc.), backup, security systems, and disaster recovery, and purchasing.
• Manage and track all regulatory compliance requirements, both internal and external, to include Sarbanes Oxley (SOX).
• Design, architect, and manage a complete transition from owned and hosted environments to cloud providers, such as AWS, Azure, GCP, and Oracle Cloud, for all development and internal systems that could leverage these providers.
• Prepare overall status and activity metrics that document and track delivery of IT services, planned and unplanned system outages, and other key IT performance metrics.
• Internal network construction for IT, with a focus on security and scalability.
• Transition ESPN from older more expensive collaboration systems, such as Intercall and Webex, to much more flexible systems such as Zoom, Blue Jeans, and Google hangouts.
Technical Director – Riot Direct
Aug 2014 – Sep 2016
Santa Monica, CA
Led the Riot Direct engineering team in deploying a holistic worldwide network ecosystem to create stable and consistent game play experiences for players, game development environments, and content distribution for League of Legends and all Riot Games properties. Our efforts helped Riot grow average monthly users from 67 million in 2014 to over 100 million in 2016, while reducing our overall costs. The construction of this network led to the single largest “revivals” event in League of Legends history. Led a team of 45 engineers on multiple subject areas. Areas of responsibility included:
• Supported worldwide IT for multiple locations, to include network design and implementation, with a focus on security and scalability.
• Designed, implemented, and managed a worldwide DDoS mitigation system – including build out, costs, contracts, and technical vision.
• Designed, implemented, and managed a worldwide network – including build out, costs, contracts, and technical vision.
• Designed, implemented, and managed the worldwide CDN strategies and core CDN architecture build out.
• Implemented internal and hosted Cloud solutions to rapidly speed development and scalability.
• Built new, more scalable technologies to support a better Internet ecosystem.
Chartered with infusing cable DNA into a company historically aligned with Telcos, I had unprecedented access to, and influence on, the engineering and product strategy for all product units within Alcatel-Lucent. In addition to product strategy, managed Alcatel-Lucent’s messaging and public vision for the MSO community. This included being a touch point for high profile customers, engaging and assisting in the engineering of new network deployment strategies, and educating the MSO community on the efforts of the company in the MSO space. These strategies resulted in growth of over 30% year over year. This highly technical position included managing the MSO evolution showcase environment that demonstrated the transition of MSO networks to all IP video systems and advanced access plants. Areas of responsibility included:
• CCAP and DOCSIS Access Architectures.
• PON and EPoC Architectures for MSOs.
• MPLS Access, Edge, and Core Architectures.
• WiFi and Small Cell Architectures.
• Cloud Architectures and their impact on MSO networks.
Senior Director – MSO CTO OfficE
Sep 2010 – Aug 2014
Senior Network Solutions Architect
Feb 2008 – Sep 2010
• Designed and implemented complete IP / MPLS Business Services Solution for COX Communications which resulted in the use of 100% Alcatel-Lucent products for commercial services. Design included complete cost justification, 30% reduction in operational costs, and additional products and services to increase customer’s revenue.
• Designed completely converged metro network for Time Warner Cable Los Angeles. Design included complete cost justification, 50% reduction in deployment costs and operating expenses over five years, and additional products and services to increase customer’s revenue.
• Designed and implemented IP / MPLS backhaul solution implemented nationwide for Bright House Networks. Design enhanced the customer’s capabilities over a SONET implementation and saved the customer over 40% of a SONET network.
Manager – Commercial Operations and Engineering
Time Warner Cable
Apr 2005 – Jan 2008
• Managed all IT operations for Time Warner Cable (TWC) Texas, to include all aspects of operations including IT infrastructure, communication (LAN, WAN, email, VOIP, etc.), backup, security systems, disaster recovery (DR), regulatory compliance, and purchasing.
• Designed completely converged business service offerings for voice, video, data, and private LAN business services that have been implemented nationally for TWC.
• Designed and implemented phased transition for over 2500 network devices and servers from old Regional Data Center (RDC) location to new RDC location without interrupting services.
• Principle engineer and manager for cellular backhaul project that won the business of three of the nation’s largest cellular providers.
• Designed and implemented VoIP and data networks for new internal IT regional infrastructure.
• Designed new video network infrastructure that allowed TWC to more effectively use fiber resources and save money on infrastructure.
• Managed operations and SLAs to support three of the nation’s largest cellular carriers.
Manager of Network Engineering
Uplogix, Inc. Feb 2004 – Apr 2005
• Managed all IT operations for Uplogix, to include all aspects of operations including IT infrastructure, communication (LAN, WAN, email, VOIP, etc.), backup, security systems, and disaster recovery (DR).
• Developed Next Generation Network Management Appliance.
• Project Manager for customer advisory program allowing input from Fortune 500 companies and University Systems.
• Manager of consulting program for customer’s management and deployment programs.
Manager of Network Operations and Content
Apr 2003 – Feb 2004
• Supported Fortune 500 clients by developing new support for devices and engineering applications.
• Provided product management guidance on future of products.
• Developed network device interaction software using specialized application language.
• Designed, integrated, and deployed wired and wireless solutions and services.
• Managed budget for Research and Development and personnel.
Data Network Engineer
Texas A&M University
Jan 2001 – Apr 2003
College Station, TX
• Lead engineer and project manager for University system-wide migration from Legacy TDM Network to newly built optical infrastructure for the nation’s third largest university system.
• Designed, tested, and implemented large distributed VoIP and wireless solutions that serviced over 120 customer sites and 3000+ users.
• Managed large contracts with companies such as SBC, AT&T, Verizon and Qwest for provisioning and troubleshooting of circuits from ISDN, xDSL, T1, T3, OC3, and OC12.
• Project manager for the Advanced Beta Support Program that field tested and provided new feature direction for products such as new releases from Hewlett Packard’s OpenView Network Node Manager Suite, New Cisco Routers, New Marconi Routers, and ATM Firewalls.
Chief Network Engineer (E-5)
501st Signal Battalion, US Army
Aug 1993 – Jan 2001
Ft. Campbell, KY
• Managed all IT operations for 501st Signal Battalion, to include all aspects of operations including IT infrastructure, communication (LAN, WAN, email, phones, etc.), backup, security systems, disaster recovery (DR), and regulatory compliance.
• Project manager for United States Army responsible for deploying and contracting required resources and telecommunication circuits worldwide.
• Provided procurement services and inventory control for over $3 million in technology assets.
• Managed seven (7) technicians
EDUCATION - CERTIFICATIONS
• Bachelor of Science in Technical Management, DeVry University, October 2005
• Attended the Dwight Look College of Engineering at Texas A&M University
• Alcatel-Lucent Network Routing Specialist I (NRS1), 2008
• Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Written, 2004
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), 2004
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), 2002
• Distinguished Honor Graduate, United States Army Signal School, 1999